16 October 2010

Bebe

All of the children call this boy "Bebe" (Baby) because he can't hear or speak. He's a very smart kid and I think that he just can't hear. He tries so hard to fit in with whatever the other kids are doing. He wants so badly to communicate and he tries so hard, I hope that someday we can get him the medical attention that he needs to be able to.

I'd also like to get a dentist out for a visit someday. It seems that all of the children have visible cavities. (But they are all brushing their teeth every day now!) One little girl cried herself to sleep the other night because her tooth was hurting so bad (and these kids almost never cry.) So if you know of any dentists that would like to come and volunteer, we could sure keep them busy while they're here.

2 comments:

mamagunn said...

Matt, great post, I am so happy that you told me to look. You are doing great. coincidentally, last night Pres. Ence told me about a guy who gets dentist to do humanitarian work, and he is somebody who know Dad's family from California. I am trying right now to find his number....love mom

Sarilu said...

Matt- a whole clove on the tooth eases the pain especially if you don't have acetaminophen or ibuprofen. I will start spreading the word to the LDS dentists here!